For Olapic, 2015 Was Awesome, and 2016 Will Be Even Better
2015 was a year to remember. Kanye West announced he was running for President in 2020, Swagway released a “hoverboard” taking us Back to the Future (I mean, the past? #tbd), and Drake took bar mitzvah dance moves in his “Hotline Bling” video to a whole new level. 2015 was also a banner year for Olapic and we have lots in store for 2016.
With strong momentum after closing our Series B $15M funding in June, Olapic has continued to define and elevate the power of visual, authentic, consumer-generated content.
Our innovative milestones included:
- A new syndication solution for brands to distribute consumer-generated photos to multi-brand retailers and/or regional sites, providing rights-approved, shoppable content across a brand’s multiple retail partner or regional sites
- Becoming the only double-badged Facebook & Instagram partner and introducing the industry’s first advertising solution – Predictive Consumer-Generated Ads for Facebook and Instagram – allowing brands to use rights-approved consumer photos in display ads
- An enterprise-level analytics suite
- Location-based UGC collection
- Significant improvements to our moderation services
- New & improved integrations with best-in-class marketing channel providers such as Demandware, Movable Ink, Webcollage, Criteo, and Listrak, strategically extending the reach of our clients’ UGC and bringing greater effectiveness to these channels
- Increasing the scope of our infrastructure to support our enterprise-level clients who require more processing power, multi-tiered permissioning structure, and more
And now for 2016…
2016 will be the year of Authentic Marketing and we intend to lead the charge in helping brands and retailers embrace consumers, increase loyalty, earn more content, and ultimately drive greater opportunity and continued business growth.
My fellow co-founders and I have also made some predictions about what visual marketing trends will define this year, and we look forward to continuing to lead the charge with our clients, partners, and colleagues.
Image Source: Unsplash.com / By: Joshua Earle