5 Visual Marketing Trends to Know for 2018
Technology has transformed all facets of our society, from the way we work, to the way we communicate with friends and family, to the way we consume entertainment. While nearly every element of our day-to-day is now reliant on technology, perhaps no activity has been more greatly upended than the way we shop. Mobile devices have created a fragmented buying journey, and platforms like Amazon have fundamentally changed the way we think about commerce and the brands that serve us. With brick-and-mortar stores closing at a rapid pace, and e-commerce expected to reach 15% of all retail sales by 2020, brands are understandably eager to get ahead of market trends and beat out a growing presence of global competition.
These challenges must be solved across all consumer industries, including retail, travel, housewares, beauty, luxury, hospitality, and automotive, among others. Additionally, marketing has grown increasingly visual in recent years, with the proliferation of social networks like Facebook and Instagram, and the growth in digital touchpoints where consumers choose to engage with brands. As a result, modern marketers are turning to new sources of visual content, and implementing more connected consumer experiences. Still, the pace of change is staggering, and many brands are left wondering how they can stay ahead and build loyalty with younger, more digitally native audiences.
At Olapic, we are fortunate to work with hundreds of the world’s leading brands, and spend quite a bit of time dissecting consumer preferences and industry technology to better serve our clients and develop solutions for future challenges. With this in mind, we’ve prepared five key predictions for the visual marketing space that brands should consider to drive engagement and revenue in 2018 and beyond:
- Video marketing and technology will evolve to address a greater demand for personalization across emerging formats.
- Brands will build long-term relationships with influencers, and consumers will demand transparency about those relationships.
- “Respect” and “privacy” will take center stage in marketing conversations as the line between consumers and creators continues to blur.
- Increased consumer demand for seamless buying experiences and greater availability of social buying technology will help set brands apart from competition.
- Ephemeral formats will prove effective beyond engagement and brand awareness, demonstrating value as conversion engines.
Download our whitepaper now to learn more about the five visual marketing trends for 2018.