TikTok is one of the world’s fastest-growing social media platforms. Originally a lip-syncing app, it is now filled with a wide variety of short-form video content that can be uploaded, created in-app, live-streamed, with visual filters, time effects, split screens, transitions, and much more. It promotes authenticity, creativity, and self-expression, and thanks to its algorithm, it’s binge-watching irresistible.
TikTok is the top social media platform for Gen Z, the generation born between 1995 and the early-to-mid 2000s. They grew up with technology, the internet, and social media, and soon will become the largest group of consumers – almost 30% of the world’s population. However, more than half of TikTok’s users are under 34, which means plenty of millennials are also engaging with the platform.
It might have started as an innocent social network to create music videos, but now it has definitely been established as the entertainment platform of the next generation.
That said, do you need to start considering TikTok in your marketing strategy? Oh, definitely yes.
Creative best practices.
Here are a few simple best practices to make the most of your TikTok content.
- Vertical w/ sound on: Create full-screen videos with music and sounds to grab attention – the app launches with sound on.
- Be concise and consistent: 11-17 second content performs best, and all videos should be at least 6 seconds. Also, the more you post, the more opportunities there are to go viral and build a following.
- Attention-grabbing: Have a strong hook at the beginning of the video, and give users a reason to watch through to the end.
- Trend-centric: Create around in-app trends, themes, and memes.
- Make it interesting and authentic: Use effects and filters to create quality and stimulating content. You want the video to feel organic and natural like all other creators.
- Have fun: People come to TikTok to enjoy the content and feel inspired – remember that!
How to stand out in the TikTok game?
There are three ways where you can start using the platform.
- Create your own channel and publish branded videos.
- Work with influencers, to spread content to a broader audience.
- Create ads on TikTok.
It is fairly common that brands mix all three options to achieve the maximum reach of the platform, combined with a creative content strategy to make a great impression with platform users. TikTok is not like other social media platforms, so what might have worked for you on Facebook and Instagram surely won’t translate to TikTok. Here is where Olapic’s collaboration with TikTok might come into play.
Keep in mind that our Short-form video solution is not only about producing videos, it is also about generating concepts and design ideas that work with your brand and your audience, generating assets that allow you to test them efficiently and increase the opportunity for consumers to engage with your brand.
Making the most out of your ideas.
Here’s a quick peek of the current ad options available, and how they work:
- Top view: A video ad format that showcases your brand immediately when users open TikTok to reach and engage audiences in a visually impactful way.
- Branded takeover: A full-screen takeover that increases brand awareness and maximizes your ad’s impact.
- Branded hashtag challenge: A unique engaging format to generate mass exposure and attraction around your brand, by inviting users to generate content with a branded theme.
- Branded effect: Engage audiences with branded effect and co-create branded content.
- In-feed video: A storytelling video ad embedded within the ‘For You’ feed.
- Creator marketplace: The official platform for brand and creator collaborations on TikTok. Reach to more than 1,000 high-quality creators over 7 countries and regions to boost your campaign.
We feel that TikTok has an immense amount of opportunities for marketers awaiting to be discovered. Are you ready to unlock its full potential? Contact a sales representative to learn more!